Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wisdom I would pass on to my children (If I ever have them) Part 1

  • A wise man once said, "Trust, but verify"
  • An ever wiser one said, "What is true for you is that which you have observed for yourself to be true."
  • Always make sure to think for yourself.
  • When somebody uses the phrase "everybody knows....", ask them if they surveyed all 7 billion people on the planet to find that out.
  • When somebody uses the phrase, "They say...", make sure to find out who "they" is.
  • Duct tape fixes everything
  • If you are ever traveling in a car with your grandfather, and he points at the floorboard and say, "Hey, what's that down there?" DON'T lean down to look closer! It's his version of "pull my finger"!
  • When someone says they "know all about" something, they don't.
  • The Dodgers Suck!

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd be giving the inside track on your history as a stealth marketer for Universal Studios, but this was good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I did that, I have the feeling Langy would happen upon it and say, "I KNEW IT!"

    On second thought, that might be the perfect reason to do it. No one else would know what the heck I was talking about, though.

    In the end, I think your chronicles of Languatron are much more detailed, epic, and (in the end) personal than anything I could write.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. Please have your comment be respectful, substantive, and on-topic. Personal attacks, snide remarks, and name-calling are not tolerated, and your comment will not be approved if they contain such. This is not YouTube, folks!