Sunday, June 26, 2011

Random Musings On A Sunday

Tried writing some poetry (actually a song) today. Why is it that whenever I try to write, the only thing that comes out is overly sentimental, drippy love poems? I think I need a muse...........

Yesterday, I learned that being a guy at a bachelorette party qualifies you for the "Good Sport Of The Year" award. Which is all good, as I'm always a good sport! I was even up for wearing a tiara, but the ones they had were held in place with a comb, and I lack the crucial ingredient to make that work! Besides, this was an opportunity to spend all day drinking wine with a group of attractive women; I saw no downside to that. (Not that it actually got me anywhere. Of the four women I was with, three were married/engaged, and the fourth barely paid me any attention at all. Apparently, she wasn't looking for a middle-aged guy with a shaved head who looks like he should be riding a Harley. Oh well!) We went wine tasting up in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and it was an enjoyable experience (Note to self: Next wine-tasting trip, take your B-1 before you go, and drink lots of water!)

Driving home the other night, I heard this song on the radio that sounded just like The Cars. Turned out it was a new song by The Cars! I had no idea they had got back together, particularly since Ric Ocasek has long since poo-poohed any thought of a reunion. The song was pretty cool; they sound just like they did back in the day. Don't take my word for it, though. Listen for yourself!


To me, this is what modern music sorely lacks. This song sounds fresh and lively, unlike all the pre-packaged, auto-tuned crap that passes for pop music these days. Anyways, they're supposed to tour this year, I just might buy a ticket to that!

When I came back to this blog again, I started re-reading some of my earlier posts and I had a bit of a realization: I'm a better writer than I think I am! whenever I do a post, I always struggle with the feeling that I don't express myself well enough, or that I could somehow be wittier, funnier, etc. But I took a look at my old postings with a fresh eye, and I could see that I do express myself well. So, yay me!

Well, that's it for now, except one thing: If you read this, please comment below. One thing I would love is feedback on what I write. Plus it lets me know that actual live beings are reading this stuff!

3 comments:

  1. you went to a Bachelorette party? huh? I didn't think I was reading that right.. I didn't think men were aloud? Glad you had a good time, and I'm sure the ladies had a good laugh, tiara and all that. ;o)
    Well, yeah, Dave, you do write well, never sell yourself short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave, don't give up hope. You're a great guy. Not all women are that shallow. You are a super great sport for going to a bachelorette party. Next time make sure there are more single ladies for you to hang out with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Karen. My friend Kim has little regard for traditional gender roles.

    @Yavanna. Thanks! I haven't given up hope. I wouldn't call her shallow, at least not perjoratively. On a related note, any good-looking single women going to be at Charlotte's first birthday party? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. Please have your comment be respectful, substantive, and on-topic. Personal attacks, snide remarks, and name-calling are not tolerated, and your comment will not be approved if they contain such. This is not YouTube, folks!